Welcome to My Road to 100 Blog. Please stay a while and browse my race reports, product reviews and other blog post to follow my journey...

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dr's Bone Scan Review


It’s Thursday and that means bone doctor follow day!  So here is how it went down.
I took off work a little early and drove up to Cary but unfortunately I had to pull my big trailer with me.  You see this Friday & Saturday we are embarking on an 2 day overnight 2 kayaking trip with some friends from church and I had to go and pick up these 16 ft long boats…anyhow back on topic.  I had my trailer with me and in typical fashion I get turned around and eventually lost.  Now I’m driving through downtown Cary with this big trailer, trying to call the dr’s office it was bad.  UGH,  I finally got in touch with them and got directions, it seems that I was only about 2 min. away.  I checked in an soon enough I was back in the room waiting for the Doc.
He walks in asking how I was feeling and what I had been doing.  Told him everything was great and felt fine, we talked about my steroid injection for a little bit and he seems to be on the same page as me.  As long as I’m smart and I stretch & Ice that area the inflammation should not return.  Then it was time to look at the bone scan.

To my amazement he said OH that looks good!  I was a little confused but then he proceed to tell me that if it was a full stress fracture the “Hot Spot” would extend all the way across the bone and mine did not.  Good news!!  After a few min more of conversation we started talking about my running schedule.  The doc prescribed me taking it easy for the next couple of weeks but I could start running again.  Keep the mileage under 20 for the week for the next 2 weeks then I can start to edge it up.  Also keep the intensity low and with that off I went.  More to come on this after my 1st run!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Preb, I'm just reading this now. So what is that? A stress reaction? Awesome that it's not a full fx! You must be stoked!

    ReplyDelete